1.What is astaxanthin?
Astaxanthin, also known as astaxanthin and astaxanthin, is a carotenoid derivative. Its chemical formula is C40H52O4. Its molecular structure contains 11 conjugated double bonds, 2 β-ionone rings and hydroxyl groups.
2.Why does astaxanthin have antioxidant capacity?
Astaxanthin is a highly unsaturated terpene compound. It is composed of a long carbon chain of conjugated double bonds composed of 4 isoprene units and 2 six-membered α-hydroxyketone rings at both ends. The molecular structure is similar to β -Carotene is similar.
There are isoprene conjugated double bonds in the molecular structure of astaxanthin, and it has strong light absorption properties within 400～500 nm.
Astaxanthin not only has a long conjugated unsaturated double bond system similar to other carotenoids, but also has an unsaturated ketone group and a hydroxyl group at the end of the conjugated double bond long chain. These structures make Astaxanthin has a relatively active electronic effect, which can easily react with free radicals, scavenging free radicals and exerting anti-oxidant effects.
Among the common carotenoids, astaxanthin has the strongest antioxidant activity, and its free radical scavenging ability is more than 10 times that of other carotenoids such as lutein, β-carotene and canthaxanthin.
3.What are the types of structure of astaxanthin?
Astaxanthin has three optical isomers, five geometric isomers, and different optical forms have different antioxidant capabilities. There are three types of astaxanthin currently available on the market:
- L-Astaxanthin: The strongest antioxidant effect.
- D-Astaxanthin: Only 40% of the effect of L-Astaxanthin.
- Meso astaxanthin: lower antioxidant effect.
When choosing astaxanthin, the antioxidant capacity and dosage are not necessarily proportional. For example, if Haematococcus pluvialis powder is used as a raw material, its antioxidant effect is weak, and its antioxidant effect in the body will be significantly different.
4.What are the sources of astaxanthin?
Shrimp and crab source (food chain): low content, low purity;
Fungi and yeast (microbial fermentation): gene-induced mutations can only be used in animal feed;
Chemical synthesis: Same components and different structures, only used for ornamental fish;
Source of krill oil: low content (<0.01%);
Haematococcus pluvialis (pure plant source): The richest source in nature, the highest content of astaxanthin, and the safest source in nature.
- What are the benefits of astaxanthin\’s antioxidant effect on the human body?
- Use astaxanthin to slow down the damage of the central nervous system and eyes
- Use astaxanthin to treat autoimmune diseases, chronic viral and intracellular bacterial infections.
- Prevent or treat Helicobacter pylori infection
- As a medicine for muscle tolerance or treatment of muscle damage and other diseases
- Slow down or prevent UV sunburn
- Reduce the symptoms of fever, swelling and ulcer pain
- Reduce and improve carpal tunnel syndrome
- As a medicine component to treat eye diseases and maintain eye function
- Relieve the deviation of the self-control ability
- As an antihypertensive carotenoid factor
- As a stress reliever
- Can inhibit 5-α reductase
- Methods to inhibit the expression of inflammatory factors and chemokines
Astaxanthin Oil is one of our hot sell product. Are you worried that you can’t find good Astaxanthin Oil? From today onwards, you don’t have to worry about that anymore.
Shaanxi Ronchn Biotech is dedicated to cosmetic industry，In this field not only have rich experience, also have a good reputation. Its aim is to create a health care raw material brand that everyone can rest assured, to solve your choice of trouble!